Thursday, March 15, 2018

This is what I bring home every time I go to Hongkong - Peking Duck




This is how a typical restaurant that sells Peking duck looks like. Roasted ducks are displayed hanging by a display window for customers to see. They are very irresistible. The Chinese people love to eat Peking duck. And, some Filipinos like me and members of my family love to eat Peking Duck, too. We like the roast duck dipped in plum sauce.




 This one whole Peking duck does not look as fresh as when I bought it at the restaurant because I bought it the day before our departure. When I opened it at home, this was how it looked like - dry and wrinkled because it stayed overnight in the freezer. However, it still tasted great after I placed it in the microwave oven. 



This is what I ordered at the restaurant where we ate in Mongkok and where I ordered one whole duck to be brought home. The lady packed the duck very well when she learned that I will bring it in the airplane going home. I bought the one whole duck for $145 Hongkong dollars.

The restaurant located at the heart of Mongkok was small but it was clean and not noisy. The lady owner was courteous and very pleasant to us. I want to go back to that restaurant again when I go back to Hongkong in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment